The Peabody Police Department’s Internship Program provides undergraduate and graduate students from accredited colleges and universities who are pursuing a degree in the field of Criminal Justice the opportunity to gain valuable experience and life skills through participating in day-to-day functions of the Peabody Police Department. In order to apply please see the requirements and detailed instructions below:
- Must be a student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university.
- Must be in pursuit of a degree in Criminal Justice or a related field.
- Must maintain:
- a GPA above 3.5; OR
- be in the Top 10% of your class; OR
- contain a specialized skill.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 12 hours per week, unless specified by your college or university’s internship program.
- Please create a single PDF file containing the following documents in the following order:
- Cover Letter
- PPD VIPS Application (download here)
- Complete in full
- Ignore page 4-5 for PDF
- College Transcripts
- Unofficial transcripts for PDF
- Copy of Driver's License
- Copies of pertinent certifications/training
- Please send the single PDF document to: email@example.com
- Include in the Subject Line: Full Name - Peabody Police Department Internship
- Please send hardcopies of all documents including the following further instructions:
- Please print PPD VIPS Application (Item 1b):
- Notarize the bottom of page 4
- Sign pages 4-5
- Send official college transcripts (Item 1d) in a sealed envelope
- Send the application packet containing all of the following documents to:
Peabody Police Department
ATTN: Internship Coordinator
6 Allen's Lane
Peabody, MA 01960
NOTE: Documents not completed in their entirety, including not signed or notarized properly, will be returned.
For any further information, questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with the Internship Coordinator.